[C320-list] Water heater continued...

Chris Block ..._/) ....._/) cblock at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 28 17:52:53 PST 2005

Can someone confirm and/or explain the below post:

b.    For reasons too long to go into here, but as explained to me by
the representative of Seaward who manufactured the water heater, the
pressure relief valve on the water heater should be connected to a fitting
that is connected to a hose that goes into a collection bottle.  I use a 2
liter former Coke bottle and it fills to the brim nearly every couple of
weeks.  Imagine 2 liters of water going into your bilge every two weeks!  Of
course, you have to remember to empty it out.  While you are at it,  Check
the inspection port on your water tanks.  Mine were so sloppy that when the
takes were even half fill, water was leaking out when the boat heeled.

Does this affect all years and hulls?  Is there a better work-around?  Is this why some owners put an expansion tank in?

Thanks,

Chris
Amore #139