[C320-list] RE: Two Questions from San Diego 2004 C-320

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Thu Dec 15 21:32:53 PST 2005

See my responses.  David I hope you are planning to come to the regatta in
September.

1. The water heater should not be putting water into the bilge; you either
have a leak in the hot water line or the water heater high temp device is
allowing water to excape.  Check the lines and the heater after it is on for
a while.  By the way, shitting off the heater is one of the things you
should do when ever you leave the boat.

2. The spots are from our Dan Diego water.  Most towll off after all washes.
I am trying a new product from Mr. Clean (P&G)that is for cars and works
well.  The company data follows, it does seem to work well with our hard
water:

Car System Includes:

Mr.Clean AutoDryT Device
6.7 fl oz (200ml) Soap -With Dry Rinse PolymerT
Starter Filter - Uses filter technology from the makers of PurR for
spot-free results; Disposable
Mr.Clean AutoDry Soap

The first part of the Mr.Clean AutoDryT Carwash
Dry Rinse PolymerT sheets water off your car for fast drying
Easily removes dirt and grime
Leaves no film or residue
Works with Mr.Clean AutoDry Filter to leave your car incredibly clean and
shiny
Mr.Clean AutoDry Filter
Mr.Clean AutoDryT filter utilizes filter technology from the makers of PurR

The second part of the Mr.Clean AutoDry Carwash
Removes water impurities which cause spots, even in hard water
Includes a color-change indicator that changes from black to brown when it
is exhausted
Works with Mr.Clean AutoDry Soap to dry your car spot-free every time
Number of uses varies on factors such as water hardness and usage
Cheers,

Dick Walker
C-320 (687) WindWalker II
740 Olive Ave.