[C320-list] Cutlass bearing and...

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 16 05:18:16 PST 2005

Dave,

Maybe you could write up the details of your shaft and cutlass bearing
change.  It would be good to document the details of this task for the
Mainsheet since there has been so much controversy.  I agree that the tool
shown on the web link should do the job.  It is similar in concept to what I
used.  If you did have to drop the rudder, the $300 isn't that bad of a
price as I paid approximately $300 to have the rudder dropped with
additional cost to be incurred to have it reinstalled.  Its not that it
takes much time but the task is usually done while on the travel lift so I
think there is a flat fee.

Rod Boer
Odyssey, #688