[C320-list] Water heater continued...

JimC320 at aol.com JimC320 at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 07:11:32 PST 2005

Chris,

If your water heater is putting out water thru the pressure relief "Safety "
valve something is not functioning properly. You should not need to put a
bottle to collect water or have water going to the bilge normally. I have Hull 209
and Have had no issues like this. The set up in the boat is no different from
your home water heater (other than the two methods of heating, engine or
electric).

The problem could be;
1) A bad pressure relief valve;
2) they put a valve on with wrong pressure rating (i.e. to low, but this
would be doubtful.)
3) A faulty Thermostat controlling the electric heating element causing the
water to over heat (most likely).
4) or If you connect to shore water, the shore water pressure is to high (un
likely as you would have probably noticed that).

If you leave your Hot water Heater  on all the time, while connected to shore
power,  Turn off the heater breaker at the boats electrical panel and leave
it off for a while and see if you still have the problem. If the problem goes
away its most likely the thermostat controlling the electric element.

Jim Mills
Elusive 2, 209

In a message dated 12/28/2005 8:59:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,