[C320-list] Antenna

John Van Vessem jvanvessem at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 18 06:46:39 PST 2005

Thanks to both of you, Stan and Scott for your helpfull advice.

John van Vessem (Sojourn 645)

"T. Scott Thompson" <sthompson at toad.net> wrote:
Davis is the manufacturer of the Windex brand wind indicators. They
also make accessories, including the offset kit, which is formally
known as the "Deluxe Universal Masthead Mount". See

http://www.davisnet.com/marine/products/marine_product.asp?pnum=1705

It's just an aluminum bar that bolts to the top of the mast so that the
Windex can be mounted a bit aft. Makes it easier to see from the
cockpit too!

By the way, Davis makes a version of the Windex that is designed to
mount on the VHF whip antenna itself. It uses the antenna as the pivot
point for the wind indicator. Maybe that's an easier solution for you,
depending on what brand of antenna you have and how it's mounted. A
link that might be helpful for making up your mind is...

http://www.davisnet.com/marine/products/wind.asp

I'm pretty sure that you can get most of the Davis product line through
WM or other well stocked chandeleries. And you can buy online from
their website too.

T. Scott Thompson
sthompson at toad.net

Quoting John Van Vessem :