[C320-list] Exhaust Elbow Question

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Nov 21 09:54:49 PST 2005

Not a problem necessarily, but more preventative. Because of the nature of the environment the elbow exists in (salt water, heat, carbon etc) it has a useful life. Sometimes its just a rough running engine or pin holes developing, but it can be as severe as corroding through and creating serious issues when using the engine. I think Catalina recommends checking replacing every 5-8 years depending on use. In my case, I have noticed rust stains on the area underneath where the elbow and exhaust hose meet, so I wanted to check/put a new one in as a maintenance chore....

Regards,

Jon Vez