[C320-list] Exhaust Elbow Question

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Nov 21 11:12:03 PST 2005

Russ,

If I understand your question correctly, the hose coming from the muffler is the exhaust hose, which in turn connects to the exhaust elbow. This elbow is wrapped with insulation (usually looks like aluminum foil on the outside). Finally, the elbow is connected to the bottom of the engine itself via 4 bolts (on the Yanmar) using a gasket.
Additionally a water hose enters the exhaust elbow near where the black exhaust hose and the elbow meet and ultimately empty into the muffler.

Regards,

Jon Vez