[C320-list] WashDown Pump Install Questions...

Russell Monaco russgm at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 17:28:44 PST 2005

JOe
 welceom to the group, I hope you also intend to join the C320IA, please see the web site for details.
 russ monaco
  commodore
  C320IA

Joe Balla <jballa at rpgcommercial.com> wrote: Hello All,
I am new to posting on the list after having just taken delivery of a 1994
C320 "El Encanto" here in San Diego's Mission Bay. I look forward to being a
regular contributor as I go through my modification wish list and begin
implementing them.
The first that may be of interest to a few of you is my need to
"tabernackle" my mast. In order to navigate Mission Bay to my slip at
Mission Bay Yacht Club, it is necessary to travel under a bridge. The only
way to do this in the C320 is to hinge the mast at the step in order to
lower it while going under. It is a rather commonplace modification here at
my YC and the process may interest some of you, so I will take photos and
upload them with a narrative to the website as I proceed this coming month.

The reason for this post, however is that I am interested in installing a
washdown pump with a hose bib to the anchor locker. I noticed photos on the
website but the narrative cannot be accessed presently and I cannot get a
feel from just looking at the photos as to where the pump install was
located and which intake through hull was used etc.

If any of you with the earlier boats have any suggestions as to where the
optimum placement should be, I would be most appreciative.
Best,
Joe Balla
"El Encanto"
MBYC San Diego