[C320-list] Starting Battery

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Sun Nov 27 08:10:29 PST 2005

Good point.  I'm thinking about one of the larger ones
(http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=40615).
Testing the thing before actually needing it is a very good idea.

I seem to recall that some of these units have a safety feature that
prevent them from supplying current if they don't sense current on their
connections - that is, they work with pretty-dead batteries, but not
with 100%-dead-or-not-connected batteries.  Could that have been what
you saw?