[C320-list] Ordering time and Where is Manzanillo

Steven Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 07:48:53 PST 2005

1:  Manzanillo is on the west coast of Mexico.  It is pronbably beinf
trans-shipped because the boat carrier doesn't have a direct route from
LA to Sydney (There is a boat transport company that serves up and down
the coasts of the Americas, and also goes from the Americas to the far
East).  Catalina is probably using them for your boat.

2:  As for the length of time to make your boat, I don't know.  Mine
(#909) was delivered in March, '02 one month after I ordered it.
Perhaps your order was caught up in the move from California to Flordia
for the manufacture of the C-320, or perhaps (as we all hope), the
factory is busy pumping out more of these great boats.

Steve
Alchemist C-320 #909

--- Annie Bennett <annie at sydneyprivatesailing.com.au> wrote:

> We've now got the Booking Confirmation for our Hull No 1073.  The
> Port of
> Port of
> Discharge is Manzanillo on 10 December.  On 19 December it gets
> loaded onto
> the vessel Taiko and is due in Sydney on 11 January.
>
> 2 questions - Where is Manzanillo? (my geography is hopeless)
>
> Has anyone else on the list ordered a C32 with a hull no anywhere
> near mine
> (#1073).  I still don't understand why it is taking so long and why
> it is
> changing ships and wondered if anyone else has had similar long
> waiting
> periods.  We signed the contact on 7 May and both our previous
> Catalinas
> arrived in Sydney within 3 to 4 months of ordering.
>
> Annie Bennett
> Topcat #812

Alchemist Associates