[C320-list] Midship cleat

Richard Grunt RFGrunt at comcast.net
Mon Oct 31 10:39:43 PST 2005

I have the Shaeffer mid ship cleat, used it for our spring line for 7 years,
never any problem, moves out of the way when necessary.  The load is spread
the length of the track, so no additional backing plates necessary. Also, I
have removable U-bolts also I think from Shaeffer on the shorter tracks on
the top of the deck which is the perfect place for securing halyards at
dock, so that they are away from the mast, not clanging, and not stressing
the stanchions.  I didn't know Garhauer made these cleats, but everything
else they make is great, so I suspect their cleats would perform similarly.

Richard Grunt
Hideaway 514