[C320-list] Red coolant info

belairlk at aim.com belairlk at aim.com
Fri Apr 28 16:25:55 PDT 2006

Catalina factory in L.A. shipped my #1070 with Yanmar 3YM30 in 9/05 with red coolant---I called their customer service #818-884-7700, and was told it's a Dex-Cool extended life ethylene glycol type, premixed with 50% water, but they didn't know what coolants it's compatible with, gave me their distributor GP Ventura Oil #805-485-7855.  Called them and they didn't know, but gave me Chevron-Texaco lube engineer's #800-582-3835 x2, he told me it has OAT inhibitors, has a 5-year recommended service life (old green coolant had 1-year recommended), and is compatible with all other Dex-Cool-approved coolants.  So I'll look for red coolant.

Len
Aqua5  #1070
Marina del Rey, CA