[C320-list] New boat woes

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 15:49:36 PDT 2006

Hi MKOPK2290,

  1) Welcome aboard - I'd be as frustrated as you sound if I were in your situation.  We'll help you.

  2) It looks like you bought your 320 new given that it's a 2006 hull #1074.  If so, presumably you bought it from a dealer?  If so, then it is your dealer's responsibility to ensure that all systems are working properly.  Catalina does NOT look fondly upon dealers who shirk this responsibility.  So pester your dealer to make things right and ensure that you understand how to work everything.  That is their responsibility.  They earn a commission to cover their costs in doing this.  Make them hold up their end of the bargain.

  3) Visit our webpage www.catalina320.com and learn.  Consider joining our International members association.  Tell your dealer you've hooked up with fellow C320 owners and they've clued you in as to what to expect from your dealer.  There is a definite squeaky wheel relationship possible with some dealers.  No dealer wants to get a bad reputation from an unhappy new owner.  Let them know you are not happy yet and you might be pleasantly surprised by their response.

  4) Are you comfortable sharing your name with us so we can get to know each other.  Many of us have known each other for years.  We've often "met" on this list and then later met in person at our annual regattas held in different locations around the U.S. each year.  Our next regatta is in San Diego in September.  See info on the 320 webpage.

  5) We're a friendly and helpful group.  If your dealer stiffs you, we can help.  This is a great boat with a devoted set of owners here who love their boats.  There is a wealth of experience and knowledge amongst us to help you enjoy your new boat as much as we enjoy ours.

   -bill culbertson
    Harmony #859
    Lake Erie

MHOPK2290 at aol.com wrote:
  SORRY TO BOTHER YOU BUT YOU WERE FIRST UP ON THE EMAILS I GET FROM THE
WEBSITE ... CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I SEND OUT AN EMAIL FOR ALL TO SEE ..
I PURCHASED HULL 1074 ON FEB 3 ..TO DATE THE STOVE DOESNT WORK , THE
AUTOPILOT DOESNT WORK , THE BILGE PUMP DOSENT WORK ....I AM MOVED UP FROM A COMPAC
23 AND IT WAS 50 TIMES THE QUALITY OF CONSTRUCTION OF MY 2006 320 ..SORRY BUT
AGAIN HOW DO I SEND A MESSAGE OUT TO EVERYONE