[C320-list] Shaft Coupling to Transmission

Barry Fahrer bfahrer at lisurveyor.com
Tue Apr 25 10:11:20 PDT 2006

 I've given some thought to your plight.  First of all a prop should not be
hammered off.  I think that would put undo stress and strain on your
transmission and perhaps on the strut and cutlass bearing.
Secondly I would be concerened that youf Flex o Fold might be at the wrong
pitch.  What was your top RPM with the old prop ?  There should not be too
much difference between the old and the new in terms of top RPM.  I would
call FOF and talk to them to make sure you have the correct blades.
One way to tell if your yard messed up and caused serious problems is to
have them remove the FOF and put the old prop back on and check to see if
the vibration goes away.
In any case it sould be up to the yard to make this right.
Good luck;
C-320 # 126