[C320-list] Shaft Coupling to Transmission

Charles Greenwell CGreenwell at sparusa.com
Wed Apr 26 08:45:07 PDT 2006

Stan,

Thanks for the info.

I have a guy coming over to take it apart this week end.

As for the key grove, the drawings I have from Catalina suggest that the grove does extended beyond the coupling end.  Perhaps over the years I really did not notice, however it stuck out like a sore thumb when I looked at it the  other day.  I can’t believe that after all these years I never noticed it.  The shaft is well tarnished and the grove is as shinny as a brand new shaft.

Anyway, we will take it apart and inspect.  Then reinstall and align the shaft.  If there is still vibration after that, I will have it hulled to check things out further.

Randy