[C320-list] Throttle Lever Slipping

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 08:47:58 PDT 2006

The easiest fix as far as access is to adjust the
friction clamp located on the cable in the general
vicinity of the transmission. It is fussy, imprecise
and a trial and error process.

I understand that the preferred fix is the adjuster
under the compass, which can be a bit of a PITA to get
to.

--- Russell and Kathleen Vance
<vances105 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> We just purchased a 1997 C320.  When we picked up
> the boat, there was a small shock cord wrapped
> around the binnacle post near the throttle lever.
> Didn't pay much attention to it until we were on our
> way home & noticed that the throttle slipps back on
> its own, causing the RPMs go down.  We surmised that
> the shock cord was to hold the throttle lever in
> place.  Has anybody experienced this problem and
> fixed it?
>
> Thanks,
> Kathleen Vance
> Shadowfax