[C320-list] Throttle Lever Slipping

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Wed Apr 26 16:32:15 PDT 2006

Do the below procedure to get access to the set screw on the throttle.

Mr. Walker,

The Catalina 320 is supplied with the Ritchie SP5C Compass on the pedestal.
To remove this compass you remove the two screws that hold the light cover.
These screws also hold the stainless compass housing.  Once these screws are
removed you can slide the compass housing off of the compass frame.  With
the housing off you will have access to the four bolts that mount the
compass to the pedestal.  These bolts run through the engine controls and
pedestal guard top plate as well.

Tip: Before removing the compass run two or three pieces of masking tape
from the compass ball to the pedestal.  Slit the tape at the seams with a
knife.  This will allow you to reassemble the compass with out affecting the
adjustment.

Ed. Stiess

Edson Customer Service
Phone: 508-995-9711