[C320-list] Throttle Lever Slipping

John Van Vessem jvanvessem at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 27 19:11:06 PDT 2006

Russell,

  I'm sure you will get plenty of responses to your question.  There is a friction adjustment on the throttle shaft inside the binnacle that needs tightening. you have to remove the compas and the section below the compas to get at this screw.  Once you tighten it don't forget to put some loktite on it so it will not work loose again.

  John (Sojourn 645)

Russell and Kathleen Vance <vances105 at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Hi,
We just purchased a 1997 C320. When we picked up the boat, there was a small shock cord wrapped around the binnacle post near the throttle lever. Didn't pay much attention to it until we were on our way home & noticed that the throttle slipps back on its own, causing the RPMs go down. We surmised that the shock cord was to hold the throttle lever in place. Has anybody experienced this problem and fixed it?

Thanks,
Kathleen Vance
Shadowfax