[C320-list] engine vent question

David Nolte dcnolte at mac.com
Sun Apr 30 17:42:13 PDT 2006

Martin, please check out the description on the Catalina website page
you referenced. I pasted it below. You can see that they state that the
part is not compatible with old 320s. I can attest to that. You would
need to remove the existing base to install the newer chrome cowl and
fittings.

I have the same problem. I've got hull #4 which I bought with a missing
white plastic cowl.

Anyone out there have an extra set of older white cowls laying around?
Maybe Martin and I could buy them from you and split them. Gee, it
would sure be nice to slide a new one on rather that drill some new
holes.

Thanks,

David Nolte
#4 Beach House
Magothy River, MD

Chrome Cowl Vent

Product #: D1197
Our Price: $29.91

Quantity:  Order Now!
This engine / fuel locker vent is use on many Catalinas. The Challenge
is they may be found on old C-22's as well as new C-320's but not new
C-22's or old C-320's! You have to decide if this is the correct vent
based on the photo