[C320-list] Cleaning Cushion Covers

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 1 14:38:19 PDT 2006

We found the manual of no help in deciding how to clean the blue velour cushions.  Just how does one match the description in the manual with what one has?  Anyway, we found fabric/ulpholstery cleaner in an aerosol can at Ollies (discontinued/odd lot store.)  This was a popular product years ago before we were able to buy a machine for $300.  The product seemed to work, at least it did no damage.

Definately, do not try to remove the covers.

If the zippers referred to are the plastic zippers on the outside cushions, try some MacLube spray on them.  We spray our dodger zippers each year with MacLube as well as wiping sail slugs and all snap contacts.  It makes a big difference.  If not lubricated, you can pull a snap head right through a cushion flap if not careful.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay