[C320-list] mysterious fuel leak

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Aug 14 05:00:50 PDT 2006

After coming back from a sail on Saturday, I found fuel pooled between the liner and the aft water tank where the blue water hose exits the tank. It was aft of the engine and after thoroughly checking both the engine and the primary I worked my way back to the tank. I haven't been able to find any source of a leak. The top of the tank's fittings are dry and hose clamps are secure. There's basically dust on the top of the tank. I traced every hose with no luck and I am now completely perplexed.
I put some rags under the tank towards the aft bulkhead overnight and there did not seem to be any fuel coming from that area. On Sunday, I started the engine and did all of this again with still no sign.
Saturday I was convinced I would be calling Catalina how to remove and replace the fuel tank, by Sunday I was pretty certain it isn't coming from a leak in the tank.
Does anyone have any other thoughts on this? I really would like to figure out the source...thanks in advance....

Regards,

Jon Vez