[C320-list] Jib Sheet Control

Vpweikel at aol.com Vpweikel at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 14:45:39 PDT 2006

Bruce,

Your suggestion back a few days on using the leeward jib winch as a turning
block and routing the sheet across the cockpit to the windward winch is a
great  method.

I do a lot of singlehanded sailing and over the weekend I decided to try
your technique.

Since I prefer to be on the windward side of the wheel this method makes it
ideal to watch the telltales and adjust the sheet while having a clear view
ahead.  I do not see where the sheet line across the cockpit would be a
problem unless one had a boat full of people all hanging out in the  cockpit.

Thanks for the idea.

Paul Weikel
Second Chance
Georgetown, MD