[C320-list] WindWalker II Modifications for regatta

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Thu Aug 31 16:09:50 PDT 2006

If you come by our boat I would be happy to show our additions and
modifications.

Cheers.Dick

  _____

WindWalker II Modifications

WE have made the following modifications to our year 2000 Catalina 320 #687

Deck

Added a Bruce 33 lb anchor with 30" chain and retained the Danforth for a
spare or stern anchor.

Added a 4" Pendant on Jib roller furler to raise the main for visibility

Added a Chain gypsy on the Maxwell anchor windless

Ordered the boat with a Main in mast furler  and with a Garhauer hard vang

windex

Custom Dodger and cockpit shade

Nylon Washers to relieve jib sheet from catching deck rigging on running
rigging at deck plates

Reversed life lines, hook now on back stanchion

Ratchet block for jib furler with line bag

New roller adjustable blocks for jib sheets.  (These really reduce tension
and will be shown by Mike at the regatta.)

New Garhauer roller block replacing Lewmar fitting

New rear railing, 2005 version

Garhauer Dingy Davits. (These are a great product)

Topsider cushions for sailing

Engine

Fuel shut-off at filter

Balmar alternator and Max Charge controller

2" soundproofing in compartment

PSS Dripless shaft seal

Autoprop

Electronics

B&G quad meter- temp, depth, speed, distance

B&G wind instrument

B&G below deck autopilot with remote

12 v plug at wheel

Garman 215 chart plotter (GPS with differential)

Standard RAM mike

Standard VHF integrated with GPS location

AM/FM/CD player with 4 speakers in/out

TV Antenna

15" LCD TV

Portable DVD player

Electrical

"E" Meter

Engine Start Battery

Battery combiner

Xantec 1500 watt inverter

Xantec 20 Amp charger

Added a switch to control the rear cabin reading lights from the bunk

Cabin

Added additional storage compartment over chart table that matches the 3 in
the galley

Added on P/S two additional retainer bars (Fiddles)

Added a teak handle inside the stair bulkhead for ease of getting out of
bunk. (After 2001 Gary Douglas saw this on WindWalker and added it to new
boats)

Added a removable closet pole in V birth for additional hanging clothes and
Shoe bags for clothing

Plumbing

Replaced the rubber hose on hot water tank outlet with copper piping to the
whale fitting.  (I think this is now on the newer boats)

 Added a "T" fitting to basin drain to direct water to head