[C320-list] Misc Questions

David J Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Tue Aug 8 16:53:30 PDT 2006

Joe:

1.  On occasion, after pumping out the head, I have placed the end of the
hose over the vent forcing water down the vent tube.  I do not know if
this really solves the problem, but I think it has helped

2.  It may be possible that someone installed a ferrous metal washer
under the fittings that is rusting.  Are you the original owner?  If not,
it may be worth the effort to remove one of the fittings that is showing
the rust to check it out.

3.  I am not sure what blocks were used on #619, but many marine blocks
can be locked so they do not swivel.  This is the answer as you will
always get some twist in the line when reefing, if you use a winch.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150