[C320-list] cuba libre 3

Mon Aug 14 12:20:02 PDT 2006

Only a few glitches but minor (forward head light switch cable worked it's
way loose, the remote unit for the stereo was not plugged in), only other
issue is a problem with the slide off the mast that recieves the bolt rope
of the main on the boom furling system...that will be taken care of later
this week....

Unfortunately, I had to fly to Ohio this morning so I don't get to go to
the boat till I return on Friday!
------Original Message------
From: russgm at yahoo.com
To: Catalina 320 List
ReplyTo: Catalina 320 List
Sent: Aug 14, 2006 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] cuba libre 3

[Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com ]
AWESOME!  Welcome to new boat world, now you need to walk around and see
all the little fiberglass voids that will develop over the next few weeks,
I had the Catalina roving fiberglass man already visit for my initial
repairs.  My Sure Bail bilge pump switch has ceased functioning after 2
entire weeks!  No one connected my E80(yes with the way cool Platimun
charts) to my VHF, so no DSC.  On the subject of VHF there is some as of
yet undecerned problem with its antenna, or is it the cable?? The hard
wired remote for the stereo in the cockpit's screen has gone blank, but
the buttons still work...My forward air conditioning system, has some
problem that causes the compressor to shut down, I can't find a zinc
anywhere on my shaft/prop or nuts, hey did I mention that when I dove
under the boat, to inspect it, I found no one had botehred to paint the
underside of the wing...I could go on all day, but I won't....By the way
just spent two glorious weeks on my new boat, love it
soooo much, it is LIVING! we cruised to Block Island, around Connectitcut,
went to Vinyards on Long Island's North Fork, all the problems, will be
resolved, but the fun has just begun...
Russ Monaco
Commodore C320IA (6 more weeks)
C387 #95 Alderu
formerly C320 #621 Escape

Orlando.Duran at AveryDennison.com wrote:
cuba libre 3 was delivered over the weekend from SF Bay area to MdR...went
under the Golden Gate Bridge at 8:40am Friday and cleared the Marina del
Rey breakwater at 10:30am Sunday--a 50 hour delivery!

All went well, the crew, which included 320 owners Walter Burnett (Selkie)
and Ray Durand (Bellezzza) was fantastic!

The first 25 hours were a very fast downwind run--8-9kn but the winds died
and we had to motor the last 25 hours...went around Pt. Conception on
Saturday night at 8pm or so and all was calm around the cape....which is
good because extremely high winds and large, confused seas are the norm in
that area...

Boat handled very well and was comfortable....since I h

------Original Message Truncated------

sender and delete the material from any computer (IM).