[C320-list] C320IA

russgm at yahoo.com russgm at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 06:56:38 PDT 2006

Chris and anyone else listening-
The Commodore DOES NOT organize the regatta, one of your jobs is merely find someone who will.  This year Dick Walker has put in time to make it all happen, I have done almost nothing to make it happen. Further Pete Clancy in Florida thinks he may, possibly, maybe have a lead on someone who might be able to hold a Florida Gulf coast regatta next Oct/Nov, so if that happens, you really don't need to do anything in regard to the regatta,
Now as to steppeing up to a new boat....
-russ monaco
Commodore C320IA

Chris Burti <cburti at yahoo.com> wrote: Russ,
The tasks you list are likely well within the
capabilities of most of us. Organizing and attending
the regatta is what is most problematical for me...and
I suspect many others. I am certain that it is not due
to a lack of concern.

Besides, some of us can't afford to move up to a new
and larger boat next year. ;~)

Thanks for having assumed the mantle this year.

Regards,
Chris

--- "russgm at yahoo.com"  wrote:

> Why hasn't someone stepped forward to become
> Commodore yet?  Your investments, your boat, need a
> solid organization to back them up.  My term
> exprires on September 30, 2006, and since I am no
> longer a C320 owner it profits me very little to
> continue to toil away trying to find a replacement.
> It is up to the membership to look within itself and
> come up with a caretaker, becuase that is all it
> really is, being Commodore is not alot of work, you
> just check your e-mails, see if someone has a
> problem (about once every 2-3 months), write a
> quarterly article in Mainsheet, and hang a cool
> Commodore's burgee.  That's it, each of you has the
> knowledge, experience time and commitment to your
> boat to put in this time.
> The time is now, we need a volunteer, the regatta
> and elections will be held in about 3 weeks.  LETS
> GO! Step up, someone, please.
> -Russ Monaco
> Commodore C320IA

> protection around