[C320-list] Best way to bring along dinghy?

Robert Seastream seastream at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 20 10:32:56 PDT 2006

Another question:  Best way to secure the dinghy to the davits?  My
dinghy is an Avon Bombard 250--a 9 foot inflatable dinghy with inserted
boards that make up the floor.  Boat and motor weigh about 130 pounds.
Problem is, other than the two D rings on the bow for the painter
bridle, there's only a small web handle on the bow, and two plastic
handles located aft on the tubes that I could use to secure the dinghy.

I can see clipping one davit carabiner to the painter bridle to secure
the bow.  Are the plastic handles strong enough to support the dinghy &
motor if I ran webbing through them which would be clipped to the other
davit carabiner, or should I drill holes in the wood transom and put an
aft bridle there?

Bob