[C320-list] My fuel tank leaks!

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Aug 21 19:17:04 PDT 2006

Bruce,

I will probably see if I can save the old tank as a winter project, but in the meantime, the new one should be here by the end of the week. Yes, keeping other metal and moisture off of the tank is a priority. There's a great picture in the Calder book showing what a penny did to an aluminum tank! Apparently even metal particles from work being done around the tank is enough to start enough corrosion for a pinhole...these tanks supposedly only last 7-17 years depending on the conditions they are subjected to....

Regards,

Jon Vez

From: bruceheyman at cox.net