[C320-list] raising a bosun's chair

Chris Holt oldman1030 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 12:07:55 PDT 2006

There is if the person lowers the wrong halyard first.  If they ease the
spinaker halyard first (fastened to the harness not the chair) and then the
main halyard it is pretty safe.  The trick is to not making it dangerous is
only lowering the spinaker halyard as far as you are willing to fall before
being caught by it if the main breaks.

All in all going up the mast has risk but this way is pretty safe.

Chris