[C320-list] raising a bosun's chair

Quentin Murphy qmurphy at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 23 07:05:10 PDT 2006

Jeff:

That's how I have done it too and it's offers total redundancy and is
simple.  It works great with a bunch of guys aboard at the dock.  I like the
idea of using the power winch (windlass) if I'm out on the boat with my
first mate and something happens then (hasn't happened yet), then she would
be able to hoist me up the mast with the windless without me having to
practically climb up to take the load off the winch she is trying to grind.
I just want to make sure this "power winch" solution is also a safe
solution.

Quentin
Celtic Knot #667