[C320-list] Tired of Thongs

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Sat Aug 26 10:46:06 PDT 2006

In addition to the C320 forum, I'm on a number of other boat, sailboat  and
diesel forums.  We own a diesel pickup and a 38' 5th wheel trailer...so  I'm on
several RV forums and a diesel truck forum.  ALL of these forums,  except
ours, make it very easy to navigate through, and pick and choose the  topics you
wish to read and/or make comment.  Rather than receiving emails,  the other
forums are used by signing on, then navigating through the various  topics and
threads...they send and I receive no email.  With our forum, we  get lots of
emails and have no choice as to which topics we can  read/comment.  We have to
go through all of them just to get rid of them  (or delete them which I do not
do).  Is there a way we could make our forum  like the others?  Have major
topics (like Hull, Engine, Electrical, Water,  Rigging, Auto Pilot, Radar,
Anchoring, 12 Volt Power, AC Power, etc), and let  the reader log on and surf the
areas in which he/she is interested?  If I  have been gone for a few days (on
the boat!), I come home, get on line, and have  100 emails awaiting me, 75% of
which are from the C320 forum, and half of  those I do not care about.

I'd offer a suggestion or idea, but am not computer literate enough to do
that.  Maybe one of you smart computer guys out there can help.

Bert
At Ease