[C320-list] Boom Vang

Mon Aug 28 06:44:29 PDT 2006

They tried this on the 440 for in-boom furlers but they stopped at about
hull 25 and are now shipping with an actual adjustable rigid boom vang...
------Original Message------
From: Steve Magennis
To: Catalina 320 List
ReplyTo: Catalina 320 List
Sent: Aug 28, 2006 5:12 AM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Boom Vang

[Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com ]
Believe it or not, fixed means EXACTLY that.  The vang is NOT
adjustable, and you are 100% correct, it is useless for sail shape (as
is the main sheet).  This sorry excuse for a vang was installed on
boats that have a roller furling mast to ensure that the boom and the
mast were held at the correct angle to roll the main into the mast.
However, since the roller furling mains are pretty poorly shaped, it
probably doesn't matter anyway.

Steve
Alchemist #909