[C320-list] Jabsco 37202 electric bilge pump

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 28 07:47:11 PDT 2006

Nigel,
    May I suggest that you buy a new bilge pump and install it.  Repair the original, if in good condition, and keep it as a spare.  Call it insurance.
    Pumps don't always wear out.  Once, having left the bilge cover off, I stepped in the bilge and broke the pump.  Fortunately, I was in home port and easily bought a replacement.  Do this out on a cruise and you don't sleep well that night.
    It would also be a good idea to afix a 12 plug and long cord and have a length of hose.  Then, you could "quickly" plug it in, run the hose to the cockpit, and double your pumping capacity.  I, however, am not really that anal.  Mne sits with the other spare parts in storage under the berth in the master cabin.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay