[C320-list] Changing Racor Filter

hcreech at comcast.net hcreech at comcast.net
Tue Aug 29 07:29:38 PDT 2006

Chris,
I'd suggest that you change at least once a year, I do mine twice.  1) turn on the fuel cutoff, this is located in the stern acess area. 2) Place a lot of paper towels around the primary filter area, I place a baby diaper under the filter. 3) drain the primary filter from the bottom 4) I use a filter wrench to remove the filter. 5) On my filter the bottom assembly is almost impossible to get off, I place it in a vice and then use the wrench to remove 6) Follow the directions to replace the new filter 7) Again a lot of paper towels under the secondary filter, remove ,discard old replace with new 8) now that everything is replaced and tightened turn fuel cutoff back to off 9) Everyone bleeds the system differently, this is how I have done it for 8 seasons: I use an oil suction pump, I remove the bleed screw that is on the banjo assembly.  This is located just to the right and slightly higher than the secondary filter in the center of what looks like a banjo.  With the screw removed I
 use the pump to suck the fuel through the system, when I see a steady stream I stop, replace the screw but do not thighten.  Then use the manual pump to pump until you see a steady stream(no bubbles) coming from the area of the screw.  Tighten the screw , clean up , make sure everything is tight, then start the engine.  Check for leaks.  done
Good Luck,
Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser #606

From: "Chris Holt" <oldman1030 at hotmail.com>