[C320-list] Should I buy a320

MICHAEL COLE miodio at bigpond.com
Fri Dec 1 01:32:18 PST 2006

I sail on Sydney Harbour and my boat bought new in1996 is 10yrs old this month. I think it is a great boat and the build quality is good with 1or2minor exceptions. The smartest thing I've ever done was to remove the Dutchman system last month--something which my sailmaker has been advocating for years.
  I bought it because I figured a boat built in California with a similar climate to Sydney was the way to go and I've never regretted it.
  I have added a back stay aduster using Australian  Ronstan parts and additonal cleats near the existing stern cleats which help when using the spinnaker which I have the boat rigged to operate with dip pole gybing. It is also rigged with 2reefing lines and I removed that silly little double block inside the boom on the number1 reef.
  I'm 72 yrs old and race the boat every club race with the Vaucluse Yacht Club every Saturday.
   On the social side we use it for special events on the Harbour , family picnics etc
   If you want a good all purpose boat I think the 320 is very hard to beat
          Mike Cole   #421  Mio Dio