[C320-list] starting effort

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Fri Dec 1 05:35:46 PST 2006

I don't know where the glow plugs went, but they are one more
maintenance item and I'm happy to not have them on my Yanmar.  I wonder
about your "pump the throttle once" approach.  Does pumping the throttle
before starting do anything at all on a fuel injected diesel?  I thought
that was a strategy for a gasoline engine with a carburetor.  Anyhow, I
use the "set it at medium" approach and this works just fine.  I usually
set a bit below or a bit above medium depending on how cold the weather
is.  It needs a bit more when cold I've found.

Scott Thompson