[C320-list] FW: Re: starting effort

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Fri Dec 1 15:21:40 PST 2006

Warren,

According to my manual, the Yanmar 3GM30's compression ratio is also 23, so that alone doesn't explain the lack of need for glow plugs. The engine is listed as having a "swirl pre-combustion chamber" for whatever that's worth.

I have the Japanese version, 3GM30FC, with fresh water cooling (ie. the closed antifreeze system). I know that the direct sea-water cooled versions have zinc anodes, but I've looked all over this engine for any sign of them and cannot find any.

If anyone has located zincs on their fresh water cooled Yanmar, please provide details of where the zincs are located.

Thanks...

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC