[C320-list] Leaving the 320 list

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Sun Dec 10 08:56:45 PST 2006

Jon,

Our boat is in the water year round.  We have a diver once a month clean the
hull and check on the zincs, of which there are three.  I keep two on the
shaft and one on the end of the Autoprop.  We try to leave the boat
unplugged from the shore power whenever we are going to be away from the
boat but I have not seen any correlation between how fast it consumes the
zincs and being plugged in. We do have galvanic isolators on both AC service
entrances.
So far the Autoprop zincs have been lasting about 6-8 weeks and the shaft
zincs are gone in about 6 months.  I'm surrounded by power boats that are
always plugged in which I think is the reason we go through them so fast.

Good luck with the 36, it looks like a really nice boat!  Feel free to stay
with the list; I've really appreciated your help and advice.

Best,
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal