[C320-list] cabin fans

Marty Mattler mmattler at optonline.net
Thu Dec 14 11:53:29 PST 2006

Warren and Pattie,
Interesting info. Thanks.

Marty Mattler
Countrywide Practice Brokerage
mmattler at ddsbrokers.com
Phone: 800.222.7848
Fax: 877.269.1291

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com]On Behalf Of Warren Updike
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:16 PM
To: c320-list at catalina320.com
Subject: Re: [C320-list] cabin fans

We swear by the Endless Breeze fan:
http://www.fantasticvent.com/products/endless_breeze/endless_breeze.html
It has 10 - 12" blades, and can move up to 900cfm.  We use it all over the
boat, but have a permanent mount in the aft cabin on the port side under the
open port light.  We run it at night and often turn it off as it gets too
cool.  At low speed, it only draws 1.2A.  I did install a 12V outlet in the
port side up high.  An extension cord long enough to bring it back to us
allows unplugging it.  I thought about a switch in the extension, but it
hasn't been a priority.  You can buy this at WM or maybe an RV store.  It's
pricy as fans go, but is absolutely the best fan we've seen for sheer
volume.  We've had it for 4-5 yrs and never had a problem with it.  Quality
12V appliances are expensive - relatively.

No question Hella makes a quality product as well.  Like the Endless Breeze
fan, the more efficient units are more costly to make.  Here is one fan we
considered for permanent mount in the aft cabin:
http://www.svhotwire.com/port_fans.html
This two speed fan draws 0.5A and 0.25A on high and low respectively.  It's
106cfm doesn't compare with the Fantistic Fan, but with about 200cf in the
aft cabin it changes the air in 2-5 minutes.  What attracted me to this fan
that costs about the same as a Hella is that the Delux model comes with 3
mounting options.  At the above link, you can see one option for mounting
right in the open port.

Hope this helps
Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"