[C320-list] Preventer

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Fri Dec 15 06:24:14 PST 2006

Hi Lamar,

   I upgraded my genoa cars to the Garhauer line adjustable version.  So, I
took my stock genoa cars and put them on the upper Jib tracks.

For a preventer, I take a line from the end of the boom, down around the
upper genoa car and lead it back to the aft cleat.  It's quite easy to
adjust or quickly release in a hurry from back there by the cockpit.  Works
great and easy to deploy.

The line size I use is equivalent to a genoa sheet.  I think it's sta-set.

-JeffH