[C320-list] plastic tape under companionway hatch

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Wed Dec 27 05:50:08 PST 2006

George,

before you reapply the tape, you may want to give it a go without first. When mine came apart, as I was prepping it for new teflon tape, I tried it without--and it works fine. I removed the tape, took a razor blade at a very shallow angle to the remaining glue and applied McLube. It's been 2 seasons and it works just fine...One thing to note, I have the all lexan companionway cover and I don't know if that makes a difference, but it's worth a try.
I'm going to have to remove and reseal the cover that the companionway slides into forward of the dodger and will probably put the tape down then, but only because it will be easily accessible--

Regards,

Jon Vez

From: GeorgeMcCarthy1 at aol.com