[C320-list] Owners Roster

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Sun Feb 12 09:47:40 PST 2006

Hi,

     There is still some discussion on that topic, but, *personally*,
I believe it should try to include all the owners, regardless of
whether they are currently a member or not.  It adds far more value
this way, and may encourage some to join.

The association holds different amounts of value to different people,
and at different times.

We should encourage membership for the good of the association and
reward those who join.
The decision of whether someone sees enough value to join, should be
up to the individual.
The challenge to the association should be to provide enough value to
make people want to join, and not simply because some services get
shut off for them, or that they can't attend the annual regatta,
etc.    The collective is better with more participants, even if some
of them aren't dues paying members.

My opinions only.

-Jeff