[C320-list] Globe Drivesaver

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Fri Feb 17 17:10:17 PST 2006

Rod,

The PYI rep at Strictly Sail stated that their coupling would reduce
vibration, but I'm not convinced. I wish there was an effective way to
reduce the noise and vibration that this engine creates, but in 5 years I
haven't heard anyone saying that they found a solution. This is one of the
few very annoying characteristics of an otherwise excellent boat. I was on a
Beneteau 36.7 last season. When he started his engine I was totally floored.
I could barely tell that it was running, and it's a fairly race-oriented
boat.

I added 1" sound insulation and that helped a little. I'm tempted to go for
PYI's or Globe's engine mounts and flexi coupling, but first I'd like to
hear from some owners that these things made a significant improvement on
their boats.

JeffC