[C320-list] Globe Drivesaver

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Sat Feb 18 11:45:16 PST 2006

Maybe vibration is too strong a word. I had vibrations that shook the whole
boat when I had a 2-blade prop. With the 3-blade I'm down to the usual
engine noise that seems to resonate throughout the boat and a vibration that
is just strong enough at certain speeds to rattle the hasps on the cockpit
lockers.  In any case, the question remains whether better mounts and a
flexi coupling would result in the boat running noticeably smoother and
quieter under power.

In addition, I am going to replace the cutlass bushing this season. It has
about a 32nd of play. I've been told that you should not be able to detect
any play in the bushing. Maybe that is part of the solution.

As to being able to listen for problems, this boat will never be so quiet
that you can't hear changes in pitch of the engine or other mechanical
noises.

JeffC