[C320-list] New Boat....

Sat Feb 25 09:19:37 PST 2006

Remember, as Bob Bitchin says, "Don't dream the life, live the dream"....

I'm lucky in that this just isn't something where I'm the only one who wants to do it, my co-skipper feels the same way, she is just as excited about it as me. I feel good in that I never had to talk anyone into do this, she's the one who said to me about 10 years ago that we should get a cruising boat, retire early and go to Mexico, the So Pacific and the Carib...her only parameters is we go no further west than Australia, she has no interest in the Indian Ocean, or Africa..

cuba libre 2
--------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: C320-List-bounces
Sent: 02/25/2006 08:50 AM
To: C320-List <C320-List at catalina320.com>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] New Boat....

Orlandi,

  You're going to be living my dream!

  John (Sojourn645)

Orlando.Duran at AveryDennison.com wrote:

Well folks, just heard from my friend/dealer at Farralone Yachts--Roger
Frizzelle-that Catalina/Morgan 440 hull #35 will be cuba libre
3....completion date is scheduled for 5/31/06 with delivery to the SF Bay
area a week or so later.

The co-skipper and I bought it thru Roger due to our long friendship (he
is a former 320 owner and current owner of C470 #1-Di's Dream-and the fact
that he knows how to commission a cruising boat better than anyone I
know...

After commissioning, the co-skipper and I will take offshore delivery and
sail it from San Francisco to Ensenada, Mexico where it will stay for
about 4 months at Coral Marina before it settles in at it's homeport of
Marina del Rey, CA

It took a long time to get the hull # slotted because we ordered it with
an aluminum toe rail instead of the teak cap rail....

We plan on retiring early and taking off for Mexico and then the South
Pacific starting in October, 2008...if you woud like to follow the voyages
of cuba libre, go to www.cubalibre3.net , pictures of the boat being built
and commissioned will be on display...

cuba libre 2

Regards,