[C320-list] Anchor winch and height of furler drum

Annie Bennett annie at sydneyprivatesailing.com.au
Sun Jan 15 20:19:37 PST 2006

I've asked the dealer if they could raise the height of the furling drum by
about 4 inches on our new boat.  My reason is to give the anchor a bit more
clearance.  The dealer says no problem but we are both scratching our heads
about by how much it would need to be raised to be worth the trouble.  The
furling drum on the 350 is much higher about the deck.

I'm getting a Muir winch but haven't yet ordered one.  Has anyone got any
opinions on whether it is worth getting an up and down switch or just an up
switch and if it is worth getting the type of winch which accepts rope and
chain without having to switch between parts of the winch?

Anything else anyone has done right at the start which would be hard to
instal later on?

Annie Bennett