[C320-list] Whale Valves

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Mon Jan 30 17:27:20 PST 2006

Koen,

My boat (690) has the water tank shutoff valves under the aft berth, and I have not chosen to relocate them in spite of the fact they are mildly inconvenient to access.

http://www.catalina320.com/gallery/album87/DCP_3059

I bought the Whale valve as a spare when I found the ball corroded shut on one of the stock valves (I have since loosened it up but the stem is stripped).

I did split the compartment cover to make it easier to access the valves...

http://www.catalina320.com/gallery/album87/DCP_3060

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC

Oh I see :-) Well, just went to WM over lunch and they surely do not 'stock' them. The lady told me they even couldn't order them "because none of the stores had them and they already had a whole lot of them on order" .... I wonder if the part is hard to get or if WM needs to fix their procurement systems...

Online it is. Hamilton seems to be the only one carrying this item. Thanks everybody who replied to help me find this part!

Karl, where did you insert the shut-offs?