[C320-list] Autohelm

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 15:15:46 PST 2006

Scott,

I agree with all but one of your points. I have received input from a couple
of owners who claim that the rudder reference transducer makes a big
difference, and Raymarine's tech department agrees with that, especially for
boats with a small diameter quadrant such as ours.

I recently purchased an ST4000+ Mk2 to replace the ST4000+ that I wore out
last season.  Unlike past versions of the ST4000, the transducer is now
packaged with the autopilot. Apparantly Raymarine now considers the
transducer to be a necessary part of the installation? I'll report back with
my opinion about the effectiveness of the rudder reference transducer after
I have a little experience with it next summer.

JeffC