[C320-list] winterizing

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 08:39:43 PST 2006

Joe,
You probably don't 'need' to winterize in Norfolk if
you keep her in the water.

I'm less than 100 miles South of you and I keep ours
ready to go sailing at all times.

The following is what I do for winter protection.

Close all seacocks.

Open compartments where muffler and water tanks are
located.

In the galley I run an electric dehumidifier sold at
WM. It has a fan and heats the equivilent of a 90 watt
bulb. This pretty much takes care of business.

I have the heater sold at WM that has a freeze
protection setting. I leave it in the aft cabin and it
is set to come on only if temperatures in the boat
drop below 40 degrees.

This is pretty much the procedure around this area for
boats left in the water.

If you are on the hard you will need to go through the
winterization process. I think it is on the website.

--- Joe Sever <jsever at odu.edu> wrote:

> This is my first winter with "Nanjo" and I was
> wondering if anybody has any
> tips/suggestions for winterizing. I'm in VA and it's
> been fairly mild so
> far-so I haven't rushed to finish it.  I have two
> specific questions--but
> any other info would be appreciated. First--where do
> most folks connnect to
> run anitfreeze through the engine, and second-what
> do you do about the
> shower sump (and pump) ? Thanks!
>
> Joe Sever
> Nanjo #148