[C320-list] Fixed Foot vs Loose Foot Main

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Sun Jan 15 16:46:57 PST 2006

Brian,

I haven't had that problem, but I asked a local Doyle loft about converting
the main last year. They told me that a conversion to loose footed is not
practical because a major portion of the sail is cut differently on a loose
footed main. I think they were telling the truth, but I suppose they might
just have wanted to sell me a new main. I just bought a new genoa from them
and I'm going to ask again if there is anything they can do to improve the
shape of the main, including converting the foot.

JeffC